1. Save your money: LifeGuard membership can save thousands of dollars. You shouldn’t have to make life and death decisions based on money. One emergency ambulance ride can cost $1500 or more. A $65 LifeGuard membership can save thousands of dollars and covers your entire household* for a year.
2. Protection from out-of-pocket financial exposure: By becoming a LifeGuard member, you are protected from any out-of-pocket expenses – even if you are uninsured. Your annual membership fee prepays any deductibles or other portion of the ambulance charge that may not be covered by insurance or Medicare.
3. Supporting your community and the work your provider does: Your LifeGuard membership fee goes directly into supporting the emergency ambulance service in our area. It means we can hire highly trained professionals, invest in the best technologies and most importantly…we can save hundreds of lives each year. Your LifeGuard membership helps save lives…maybe the life of someone you love.
4. Get quality care: LifeGuard membership guarantees high quality care across all levels. We are fully committed to providing the highest quality of emergency medical care and transportation. Our team of experienced EMS professionals works with cities, counties, fire departments, hospitals, and government agencies to ensure that patients receive the best service with the highest level of patient care.
5. Receive excellent treatment: LifeGuard membership assures excellent treatment for any emergency situation. Our EMTs and Paramedics are held to high performance standards, receiving rigorous training and continuing education to meet standards even higher than the requirements of Oregon State EMS laws. Paramedics defibrillate, administer medications, and perform other invasive maneuvers required in emergency situations. Our Oregon Paramedics are trained in Pediatric Advance Life Supports (PALS), Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation for Health Care Providers (CPR) along with specific specialty courses each year.